Existing Member?

BnBcruisingthemed Been looking forward to this trip since 2020.

The trek to Hokitika

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 3 November 2017 | Views [517] | Comments [1]

We began our trek to Hokitika by car through what they call the "Southern Alps".  To our surprise, we drove through majestic snow-capped mountains rising out of the ground to meet the sky!  The photos included do not do them justice.  At Arthur's Pass, we stopped for lunch and then began the hike to view the falls at the Devil's Punchbowl.  Truly breathtaking!  About an hour-long hike/climb, I was thinking of you Angela!  Good path and lots of stairs, it was a good workout!  For those of you wondering about my foot, it has been fine with slight swelling after activity but resting overnight and I'm ready to go the next day!  I'm not ready for a 5k but feeling fine.  

Back in the car to finish the drive to Hokitika, a coastal city on the western shore of The South Island.  We arrived at our lodging for the next 2 days, The Villa Holiday House.  A lovely Victorian style home built in 1914 for a prominent family at the time, the King's.  The home was fully renovated in 2010 and is now a holiday rental.  Lucky us!  

Took a drive through the village, stopped at the grocery store to get a few things for our stay including some fresh fish.  We had a lovely dinner prepared at home (first home cooked meal in about a month) YUM!!!

We are blessed to be on this trip and we are enjoying making memories of all the sights and sounds of this trip with our friends, Dan and Kathy.

Hope everyone is well.  Good thoughts and lots of love, B and B

Comments

1

Totally amazing! I'm so glad that you are having such a great trip and making such wonderful memories. 👍 ❤

  Jen Nov 4, 2017 12:21 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.