Existing Member?

BnBcruisingthemed Been looking forward to this trip since 2020.

Continuing the tour

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 26 October 2017 | Views [599] | Comments [1]

Today started again at 7 am.  Began with a 2-hour bus ride to the Blue Mountains, heading west from Sydney.

A fantastic day with our guide Peter, filling our hearts and minds with stories and memories of Sydney and the WA ( Western Australia).

Our coffee break was at a lovely victorian style village called Leura.  An aboriginal word meaning lava.  Why we don't know as there was no volcanic activity but there is rock!  Thus, the Blue Mountains.  Named blue because the mountain is covered with trees and when the sun is rising and the dew is rising out of the valleys, it casts a blue hue.

They are magnificent!  Photos included and one formation called The Three Sisters, come complete with a dream story from the local aboriginal tribe.

Left the mountains and went to Fernendale Wildlife Park.  saw koala, kangaroo and Bill and I got to pet a 2 year old dingo that they are training!  awesome!

Ended bus trip by seeing the Olympic Stadium from the Sydney Olympics in 2000.

Ended the day with a river cruise down the Parramatta River into Sydney Harbour.  Beautiful and more photo ops of Harbour Bridge and Opera House!

Very busy and amazing day, back at 7 pm!!

 

Comments

1

The Blue Mountains are breathtaking! Happy you go to view them. Don't know if you're able but Western Oz is my favorite!! You would love it out there. Keep the stories coming!

  sharon Nov 5, 2017 7:53 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.