Existing Member?

BnBcruisingthemed Been looking forward to this trip since 2020.

Touring Auckland

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 30 October 2017 | Views [676] | Comments [1]

Arrived late Saturday.  Excellent views of the harbors.  Decided a tour would be our best bet to get around and see the most.  Went over the Auckland Bridge to Devonport.  A small Victorian town, very quaint.  Largest marina with approximately 1800 boats of various sizes.  Stop at botanical garden, lovely! Then,  an hour ride out to North Shore from downtown.  Stopped to buy take away lunch.  Steak and mushroom pie, warmed in a paper pouch and eaten with your hands like an American hamburger.  Delish!

Continuung drive to Aritaka Park and Rain Forest.  Start with  15 minute film at ranger station about the park, rain forest and their conservation efforts.  Drive  to black sand beach, walk about on the beach.  Got back to bus and we had tea time with real China cups and biscuits.  Wasn't expecting that!!  Then, drive to the waterfall and rain forest hike.  Wonderful look at the forest and nature of New Zealand.

What an awesome day!!  We will more adventure tomorrow as we head to Rotarua!!

 

Comments

1

Sounds awesome! XO

  Heather Hawthorne Oct 31, 2017 12:26 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.