Existing Member?

BnBcruisingthemed Been looking forward to this trip since 2020.

New Caledonia

NEW CALEDONIA | Friday, 20 October 2017 | Views [858] | Comments [4]

Three scheduled stops in New Caledonia.

First, Easo, Lifou.  Looking forward to beach day!  Oops, no such luck.  We received a letter that we are not permitted to swim due to black algae in the waters around Easo!!  Bummer, not much else to do here.

second stop, Kuto, Ile des Pins.  Both of these islands are so small that we had to be taken by tender boats from the big ship.  Very windy and chilly today.  Only 68, which doesn't seem that cold however, we've been experiencing temps in high 80's before today.  

Saving the best for last, Noumea, New Caledonia.  Beautiful, capital city of this country of islands.  We took a tour of their Mangroves and learned about this wonderful ecosystem that helps preserve their beaches while helping crab grow to the size needed to be a profitable crop at market.

After the tour, we took shuttle to city market, enjoyed walkabout and lunch at a seaside cafe.  Magnifique!

Back on the water for two-day trip to Sydney...SO Excited!

 

Comments

1

Awesome! xo

  Jen Oct 21, 2017 4:13 AM

2

What, you did not bring "parkas"?? :)

  don Oct 24, 2017 11:14 AM

3

Hope you're having LOTS of fun! I'm in the office today and it's just not the same without you:) XO

  Heather Oct 25, 2017 12:45 AM

4

So wonderful to read your stories!! I love the pictures! xoxoxoxoxo I am so glad you all are having fun! xo

  Tracie Barone Oct 25, 2017 9:26 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Caledonia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.