Existing Member?

BnBcruisingthemed Been looking forward to this trip since 2020.

"Free" day in Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 28 October 2017 | Views [578] | Comments [1]

Bought the Opal Pass to ride the ferries today.  first ride: the Fish Market.  Wharfs where all the fish is brought into Sydney for all the restaurants, hotels, locals and tourists.  Walk along and see any and all kinds of fish and seafood you can dream of!  Buy it to take home and prepare or buy it already fried or grilled for your lunch at the wharf.  Needless to say, it was lunch on the wharf for us.  Picnic tables set up all along the water to take your lunch and enjoy the sunshine.  Oysters for Bill and lobster tail for me!  Doesn't everyone enjoy lobster for lunch?  YUM!!

After lunch it's a stroll back to the ferry wharf to ride back to Circular Quay to hop the second ferry to Manly Harbour.  30 minute ride and we have arrived at scenic Manly.  A lovely walk along the Corso to the beach.  Today is warmer than when we visited Bondi Beach.  Slight wind and about 75 degrees. ToOK a stroll down to Shelly Beach and stopped to enjoy a glass of wine and watch some snorkelears in the rocky sea.  Stunning views!

Back to the hotel to freshen up and a walk to The Rocks and Circular Quay.  Found a beautiful spot to enjoy dinner alfresco while watching a gorgeous sunset oVerlooking the busy waterway and passers by at Sydney Harbour.  Pinched ourselves and took another sip of wine!

Comments

1

Yay! So glad you are having an amazing time. We've got snow flurries today. Love you and miss you!

  Jen Oct 30, 2017 2:28 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.