Existing Member?

BnBcruisingthemed Been looking forward to this trip since 2020.

We crossed the dateline!

FIJI | Monday, 16 October 2017 | Views [803] | Comments [4]

We went to bed on Wednesday, 10/11 and when we woke up in the morning, it was Friday, 10/13!

What happened to Thursday?  We crossed the international dateline and poof the time changed, moved forward and it was Friday!!

So, we have been operating a day ahead of our readers.

We arrived at Suva, Fiji on October 14

Suva is the capital city for an Island nation of Fiji.  Made up of 332 islands, Fiji is a beautiful country.

Exact opposites, Suva on the East with the  hustle and bustle of a capital city and Lautoka on the Western side, with the villages and quiet waters of island living.

Both are beautiful in their own way.  We prefer Lautoka!

Photods included with this post show people of the island in native dress that taught us some of the Fijian culture song and dance.  

To say we are enjoying our trip would be an understatement!  We never dreamed there was so much ocean!  Amazing!!

 

Comments

1

WOW guys, I’m thrilled that this trip is being all that you hoped for and more!!
The time change is truly amazing. Reading about it is one thing but to experience it is completely another.

Continue to enjoy.... miss you. Prayers, love and hugs!!

  Karen Oct 16, 2017 12:52 PM

2

We are enjoying following your trip! Have fun!!

  Sue & Bob Oct 17, 2017 6:55 AM

3

So glad you guys are having such a great time! Loved your crossing the international date line post - you didn't miss much on Oct 12 😉 Keep posting stories and photos so we can all share in your amazing adventure. Have a wonderful time - so much more to come!

  Pat & Linda Oct 18, 2017 11:02 PM

4

WOW! Everything sounds SO amazing. 😊 Hurry up and get home because you're being missed. Hope you continue to have the time of your lives! Love you 😘

  Jen Oct 18, 2017 11:37 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Fiji

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.