Existing Member?

Wanders of the World

Winter-peg

CANADA | Monday, 21 January 2008 | Views [618]

AMY:  Well the mild weather has passed and it was -45 here in Winnipeg this morning.  I have been trying really hard to remember the +40 we experienced in Namibia but it is a distant memory.  People do continue on with their daily lives though.  Our cars started this morning and Patti is off playing sponge hockey at an outdoor rink.  I am really glad it wasn't quite as cold last weekend when we took my nephew winter camping.  We drove out to a provincial campground about an hour away, built a quinzy and slept in it overnight.  It was a nice night but it was about -33 with windchill in the morning.  I will post a couple of pictures when I get a chance.

Given the recent temperatures Patti and I are looking forward to the start of our next adventure.  We leave on Wednesday (Jan. 23) for Chile.  After an overnight in Miami and an overnight flight from Miami to Santiago we will be back to "summer".  We plan to spend time in Chile, Argentina and Peru and return to Winnipeg on March 30th.  Our plans include spending lots of time hiking in Patagonia and visiting the Amazon and Machu Picchu in Peru.  It should be interesting as I expect that we won't find as many English speaking people in South America as we did in Europe and Africa. 

I am trying pickup a little spanish before we go but time seems to be running out.  I guess I better focus on how to order wine and beer so I can contine my taste testing.

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.