Existing Member?

Wanders of the World

6 days into Safari

NAMIBIA | Thursday, 6 December 2007 | Views [477] | Comments [1]

Amy: We arrived in Swakopmund, Namibia this morning after camping out in the middle of no where last night.  There are 22 of us along with 3 guides and so far so good.  We are spending 2 nights here before heading out on Saturday.  So far we toured a township in Capetown, did some paddling on the Orange river, saw Fish River Canyon (2nd largest in world) and climbed a dune in Soussosvlei to see the sunrise. We also stopped this morning to see a beach that is know for it's flamingos.  I am glad we decided to do the organized tour.  The roads we have been travelling on seem remote and this way we don't have to worry about border crossings, visas and figuring out the different currencies.  Our guides are great cooks and have good information about the area.  I hope that we will do another update tomorrow and upload some pictures.  We saw the weather forecast in Winnipeg and I am making sure I don't complain about how hot it is here, although it was chilly in the desert last night. 

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

I'm enjoying reading your updates- mekes me want to travel! Enjoy the safari- sounds great! Patti, your legacy continues- we worked on the PEC vision/ mission stuff today- no worries, it hasn't been forgotten!
Take care, be safe,
Jodi

  Jodi K. Dec 7, 2007 7:22 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Namibia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.