Existing Member?

I wanna go Florida Stories and adventures from Around the World

Snapshots of Thailand, thus far.

THAILAND | Sunday, 8 March 2009 | Views [7111] | Comments [2]

Hat Yai, Hat Noppharat Thara  and Koh Lanta

 

Road Safety

Its typical to see utes packed to the brim full of people. These people were travelling from Koh Lanta back to the mainland.

Massage

So far we’ve only had one massage each since being in Thailand. I had a reflexology hour with a strong and sensitive man who insisted on helping the energy to flow with a little extra for free. Thanks!

Little Critters

We’re finding, without really looking,  little lizards and insects we’ve never seen before. 

 

Locals and Tourists

This is not a great picture, but you can see, basically, the difference in the locals on the beach compared to the tourists.

An interesting dress for the joy stick.

 

Cultural no-no’s

 

I’ve seen all of the ‘no-no’s’ being breached within a few days of being in the beach area of Thailand.

What I don’t understand is that when we’re in our own country, we are, en masse, offended and indignant when foreigners do not respect our ways, and yet, when we go to other countries, we abuse the local culture as a matter of course.

If you want to have your say, take a look at Topless in Thailand. Make a comment - defend your point of view, or agree with me. :)

Jesus of Nazareth is a smart man. ‘Treat others as you would like them to treat you.’ No more, no less.

No riding on the motorbikes in your bikini!

 

No feet on the table!

 

Don’t eat at the multinational corporations! Support the locals with your money!

 

The beaches

At sunset – photos can express the beauty a little better than my words.

 

Having a little fun invoking the eighth chakra.

 

Photos for belly dance promotion.

 

It seems to be popular and expected to have some sort of fire show on the beach once the sun goes down. On our beach, Klong Jark Bay, there was a little beach bar called moonlight walk café, and the barman/owner performed every night we were there to Californication.

 

This is what too much sun and fun does to you.

 

Jett and Cats

 

He loves them.

Comments

1

lovely tiff, great photos, jett looks great, you too, albert looks like he was scruffed, happy though.
love mum

  mum Mar 13, 2009 8:46 AM

2

I really like your pictures. I just put "lizards of Thailand" and your sight popped up. I'm from Las Vegas and have been here about 6 miles from Phon Phisai since april 7th. Went to Lao and got another 60days. I see a lot of lizards and some manage to get into the house. I agree with the idea of supporting the local food places. Up here we don't have anything to worry about, but I did see like KFC's and stuff in Non Khai.It looks like your having! We are to.

  mark May 12, 2009 12:27 PM

About allwelcome


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.