Existing Member?

I wanna go Florida Stories and adventures from Around the World

Petronas Towers

MALAYSIA | Sunday, 8 March 2009 | Views [1116]

Sunday the 11th – 13th of January.

 

The Petronas Towers in K L

 

We’ve seen the towers!  The world’s tallest twin towers. I’m not much of a fan of cities, or big buildings, but all that stainless steel lit up at night is spectacular.

 

Jett kept repeating ‘That’s just awesome’.

 

Albert just kept taking pictures.

 

We walked there, from China Town. We’re staying in a little back packers Wheelers, recommended by the South East Asia on a shoe string by Lonely Planet. As usual with the Lonely Planet books, every thing is pretty much what they say, except the prices. We’ve found the prices have invariably risen 10-20% since the date of publishing. As an answer to our queries, we get shrugged shoulders and a lot of talk about renovations.

 

We ate breakfast, walked to the Telecommunications Tower, through a little mid city jungle (I got two bites that burnt hot for two hours after – the boys only suffered from the humidity- I put some lavender oil on them), and arrived in the late afternoon. The idea was to see them lit up at night.

 

I was pleasantly surprised by the parks on either side of the towers. They act as a means for the buildings to be viewed in a pleasant atmosphere, with plenty of space for a long walk amidst an attractive water park and beautifully kept gardens.

 

Jett loved the water gardens the most and drenched himself quickly. It reminded me of when we were on a little island in India a year ago. There were water parks and he was afraid of them, and wouldn’t touch the water. This time, a year older, he was running and turning and spinning through them.

 

The towers are big. There’s no doubt – and tomorrow we’ll take the lift to the middle of them to walk across the bridge joining the two. Jett’s morbidly terrified.

 

(Right now he’s in his room doing his maths work while Albert and I update where we are and what we are looking at.)

 

We’ve only been here two days, we have taken 402 pictures and seen and done a lot. If we don’t keep writing, our experiences will have been gone (and for me with my water mind) forgotten.

 

We ate dinner at one of the food courts in the towers. Point out a picture of what you want, and that’s what you get. People everywhere. Afterwards we went outside – and voila.

 

It was night and the towers were spectacular. People from everywhere were snapping themselves in front of the towers and we happily joined in. Trying in vain to be original.  They seem to be using two different types of light, one warm, the other hard – and it adds to the dimension of the buildings. They were impressive and such a landmark for Kuala Lumpur. You can see them from almost anywhere in the city. Unmistakable.

About allwelcome


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.