Existing Member?

I wanna go Florida Stories and adventures from Around the World

Greenfest in Brisbane

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 16 October 2008 | Views [1223]

Flaming Red Guitarist from 

8 ball aitken

Flaming Red Guitarist from 8 ball aitken

Last weekend we all went to Greenfest – a place for like minded people to come together and learn about each other’s pet projects.

 

‘We’ were, Albert, Jett, Geir and me.

 

We arrived a bit later than expected (we do have a few procrastinators in the team), and we doubted over the $15 parking fee (that actually turned into $36 for 6 hours because we didn’t read the small print) – but the weather was fair, not too hot, and we began the day.

 

I was sucked straight in by ganesha incense.. It was prettily packaged and smelt gorgeous.

 

We ate Krishna food (can I complain that I think I gave the guy a $20 and he short changed me by $10 – its REALLY hard to force these issues to a ‘normal’ shop attendant, but to a Krishna follower, it just made me feel mean to bring it up…. Hmmm…  Foolish, perhaps, I am.

 

We saw a few bands – there were two stages – and heard a few speakers – one on stopping the whale hunting, one on organic food, I went to talk to the vegetarian society of Queensland and they were fantastic and helpful – and talked to a mix (Norwegian/Swiss) guy working for the wilderness foundation.

 

All good.

 

The highlights?

Well, I watched a couple of cute girls, about 4 or 5 years old, dancing together. They were really pretty and were obviously exposed to a few ‘different’ dance traditions. Really nice to see.

Also, it was my birthday! J I didn’t even drink wine!

 

All was good and we all had a fun time – being outside and a part of the positive happenings… J

Tags: festivals, food, music

About allwelcome


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.