Existing Member?

I wanna go Florida Stories and adventures from Around the World

Our first day!

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 10 April 2008 | Views [1357] | Comments [7]

Our first contact with the Ambassador van. Notice the handicapped sign... but it was the only shady place!!! We promise we would leave if someone came!! Darwin is lawless anyway...

Our first contact with the Ambassador van. Notice the handicapped sign... but it was the only shady place!!! We promise we would leave if someone came!! Darwin is lawless anyway...

The van is just a doll. As glamorous as it looks in the pictures. Let us send out our last goodbyes to the HussyHicks. Farewell, farewell. And thank you for the music. We feel the presence of all of the previous crews with us during these first few hours.

We arrived in Darwin last night, and stayed at Wilderness Backpackers. Thanks for lettiing us arrive so late and serving pancakes for Jett´s breakfast.

Eric from AutoBarn took us through the initial procedures and promises to check out our intro dance video.

Albert is remembering how to drive a manual car… having been driving an automatic Ford Falcon for the past two months. We´re having fun listening to the gears change…Of course, the other thing is, being in such an inconspicuous van, if you make a wrong turn (or three), its not like you can hide anywhere….

We´ve had our first real live Crocodile warning… seems a big croc was sighted lying in wait for some fishermen not far from the local beach.

Albert did his first marketing of World Nomads.. and I was honestly impressed with the casual but informative approach. :-)

We´ve had a man waving at us as if we were a circus. Jett waved regally back and I smiled a little, still warming up to the idea of riding around in a van that has more colours than a lollipop.

We love it. Thanks again, World Nomads and Autobarn and all the sponsors. Its a great opportunity and we´re honored to be a part of history in the making.

Next stop – Litchfield National Park (we´ve been told to get a move on if we want to still some water in the falls… so we´re feeling lucky for the timing.)

Tags: allwelcome, ambassador van, on the road, t a j

 

Comments

1

Really cool video guys :-) Such a great life experience for my little man and for you oldies ;)
Take care and have fun on your trip!!
Will be looking out for regular updates.
Love and hugs
Papa G

  Geir Apr 10, 2008 7:47 PM

2

Hello Geir - I saw you at Espern last night. I looked gorgeous, I think you'll agree. I really see the benefits of my pilates coming into action. My bum is particularly tight and rounded. I notice that loads of men are staring at me - because I'm so fit probably, and I can tell that all the women wish they had my perfect thighs. It's a bit draining sometimes, but I enjoy being a status symbol. I'm going to take a break from Espern soon, because my bosses told me that people just can't acheive my perfect body measurements and then just give up. It's not always fun being "the beautiful one", but I know that with sensational looks comes great responsibility. Sigh.

Oh yeah, good luck on the trip everyone.

  Katrine Apr 11, 2008 4:46 AM

3

All you have to do now is head in a southeastely direction & in 8 weeks we will see you again.Hi Jett look after Tiffy & the tall one bye for now.

  Bill Apr 11, 2008 4:59 AM

4

Wish i was at Espern to see you tight, and rounded Katrine!

.. oh.. yeah, and that bus trip thing, hope it goes well... but i have no-one to tell all my woes, and stories to now.

  Sarah Apr 12, 2008 6:10 AM

5

SAAARRRAAAHHH!!! Ello love. I'm so tight and rounded; you could bounce a coin off my bum and rest a pint on my thighs.
Yeeeees.
Cheers.

  Katrine Apr 12, 2008 9:06 AM

6

..you're crazy banana girl ;) ...but of course I agree about that tight bum of yours ha ha ha
But I think this blogg actually is about the Outback adventures of the Wild Three and not about somebodys tight bum...
Waiting for the next update folks, hurry up! :-)
Cool to see you again Bill! Looked "almost" as fit as ever he he
So long!

  Geir Apr 14, 2008 8:16 PM

7

Hey Geir! Thanks for writing. Jett´s having fun, aren´t you Jett.
'YES. I´m having fun.'
see!
We´re rushing a little, to hit the road for Kakadu.

Katrine!! Girl! I´ve been dying to know about your tight buns. Thanks for sharing!!! See the dragonfly photos!!!! Awesome moment!

Mum and Bill - sorry I was a little rushed!!! But you see the results of our post, yes?? Worth it! Thanks for the comments, and hopefully, we´ll see you in ONLY 7 weeks... time flies!

Sarah! Yo yo home girl. I´m still available for consultation, BUT, its subject to network availability. REALLY hope you´re well and happy and you live in a gorgeous place. Hugs

All great. (yes, mum, it is, going great) Oh Jett, you´re so cute.

Love and hugs til next internet station about 3000 0000 miles from here... mmwha

  allwelcome Apr 14, 2008 9:18 PM

About allwelcome


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.