Existing Member?

I wanna go Florida Stories and adventures from Around the World

I don't even like travelling

NORWAY | Friday, 14 March 2008 | Views [2110]

Some lizards in Girraween

Some lizards in Girraween

'But you've been to 21 different countries!'

I know, I know. It doesn't even make sense to me.

I'm just a victim of circumstance. A pawn in the game of life. A hapless innocent wanderer in the jungle of life... yes yes.. okokokok, I'll get on with it.

It all started being born into a family of hobos. We moved around in a campervan from river to river, fishing and picking up cheap food options. Mum loves to tell me about just how cheaply we could make spaghetti.

I didn't complete a full year of schooling anywhere until the age of 14, when I went to live with my grandparents. It was the most stable, secure and boring time of my life. I hated being in one spot. I felt suffocated.

I began my sojourn (notice my accomplished use of vocabulary ... for someone who didn't go to school a lot, I don't think I do too badly... and if I remember to press the spell check, my spellings pretty good too) abroad at the age of 26.

I met a Norwegian studing on the Gold Coast (Hello Geir!!!) and followed him back to his home country. We lived in Denmark, Australia and Japan. We followed work opportunities and the call of Jett, who was born right here on the Gold Coast. Yes, a fair dinkum Aussie kid with fair hair, green eyes and a Germanic accent. He looks like a bloody foreigner, my mum says.

Japan proved too harsh for a young couple and a baby and Geir and I went our seperate ways.

I was living in Norway when I met Albert on a travel forum in 2005. And that was that.

What I hate about travelling

  • inconvenience
  • not being sure of a good/decent/drnkable cup of coffee
  • badly timed travel (but hell its cheaper)
  • not sure when we'll wash out clothes next
  • not being able to take my 36 pairs of shoes (just in case)
  • rushing cause we ONLY have 3 days here, so compromising on yoga/meditation practise
  • getting a stomach bug

What I love about travelling

  • sunrises and sunsets falling eveywhere and basking the whole world in glory! HALALUJA! (Mr Bean style singing)
  • getting a surprisingly GREAT cup of coffee
  • adjusting to the swings and sways of what ever life throws my way
  • meeting people at crazy times of the night, also doing weird and cheap travels...
  • not having to choose what shoes to wear (just having two pairs)
  • interesting food
  • meeting with kindness from unexpected places. Just makes my heart sing
  • learning tolerance
  • learning understading from real life experience

ahhh, I don't know. I guess travelling isn't that bad.

 

About allwelcome


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.