Existing Member?

I wanna go Florida Stories and adventures from Around the World

Love song

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 6 August 2008 | Views [1299]

You don’t know it yet, but a few days ago, I started a new trip.

A couple of friends of mine from Spain are coming all the way down to visit us, so considering the effort in time, will and money, we have to happily pamper them a little bit.

They will fly to Sydney and then to Mackay, from where we will drive slowly down (slowly means taking around about a month) to hit the big smoke down in Sydney.

There is something special about this trip, and is not just that friends from Spain don’t come every day. For a long array of reasons that don’t need to be discussed here, I took this trip alone. I mean, neither Tiffany nor Jett came with me. I mean. This won’t be like this for the whole trip, but yes for the first few weeks. What is happening is that I am driving by myself to Mackay (and I am taking a week). Then, I will pick my friends up and start driving down. And once we get to the Gold Coast, we will meet with Tiffany and the baby and go all together (we’ll see about the baby, but Tiffany for sure) down to Sydney.

And this first part will take about three weeks.

That’s nice that I have introduced the situation :)

The fact, anyway, is that I thought I would be fine going up this week by myself. I am visiting the towns along the

Warrego Highway
(Toowoomba, Miles, Roma,…), the fabled Carnarvon Gorge (which I think will deserve a post at some stage) and the sapphire gemfields around Emerald, to see if I can unearth something worth something and retire forever. From there, I will already go to Mackay.

So doesn’t seem like a bad trip, isn’t it?

Well, it is not. But do you know what? Though I thought it would be funny it is not that much.

First of all, is cold. Yeah. Very cold. Specially in the mornings. Oh, and in the evenings. And it rained. It actually rained quite a lot, the first couple of days. And, since we are, as you may already know, low budget people, I decided to sleep in the car. And though the car is big and I fit in perfectly, is not super cosy when you are cold and/or is raining.

And worst of all, and probably highlighted by all these previous miseries: I miss Tiffany.

Oh yes! You wouldn’t expect such a declaration from these public words, and as she uses to say, it won’t be a nice post to read for any future girlfriend that I may have. But it is a fact, and as a fact I state it: I miss Tiffany, and I miss her badly, sometimes.

I feel myself remembering all those things done together in the last and quite similar-styled trip, sighing at the things she would like, like the infinite stars, a flower in blossom, a tall tree, a vast plain, some fine coffee or a nice walk. I miss her food and her organisating skills and her sane opinions (which of course, sometimes I didn’t really appreciate). I miss her smile, and I miss cuddling her in the bed when it’s cold.

By the way, I don’t know if I would like her to be here much, with this cold… it would be hell for her and anyway she would be complaining all the time and making my life a misery. :)

So anyway, I guess is all for good!

I however hope it will get better in the next days. Surely it will. At least the weather may help. But anyway, I have learnt my lesson, and I will be a good boy :)

Tags: albert, solo, tiffany

About allwelcome


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.