Existing Member?

USA Diary

Los Angeles to New York - Day Six: Travel

USA | Thursday, 8 November 2012 | Views [310]

Today was much better than yesterday! We woke up about 5.30 this morning, to get our things together, shower and make our way out of this average poor excuse of a hotel. In true style, it took us a good 5 minutes to get the lift down from the 4th floor. 

We checked out, and with all the other passengers on the plane, got a coach up to LAX. We then had to wait in line to check in, and go through the strictest customs in the world. We went through one of those machines that sucks in air to test for illegal substances and weapons. We made it through, and then waited to board. 

Eventually, we made it on board and were soon flying across the states to New York. The flight was 4.5 hours long, but with the time zones on top too, it puts it 3 hours ahead of Los Angeles time. 

 

We arrived safetly at JFK, and collected our bags and made the way to the transportation desk to get Super Shuttle to our hotel. 

 

It took us about 2 hours to make it to Manhattan, and we saw lots of snow and scenery on the way over the bridges, with the city lights. 

 

We arrived at the Hotel Beacon, right in the middle of Broadway on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.  We checked in, freshened up and made our way out for dinner. We pulled into the Candle Light Cafe, a cosy and cute setting. We ordered drinks, and got the menue and soon realised it was a bit weird. We asked the waitress what Seitan is.. in which she replied "It is kocher, a substitute for chicken meat". We still ordered our kocher meals, and began eating. They were ok, but not being into this sort of food normally we struggled a little bit to finish it. 

 

We are here safe, in an amazing hotel room with a kitchenette too. It is nice to have proper accomodation again! Hope everyone is well. 

 

 

Steph and Ben 

About usadiary


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.