Existing Member?

USA Diary

Los Angeles - Day Two: Beverly Centre, The Grove and Hollywood

USA | Sunday, 4 November 2012 | Views [473]

Hello Friends. 

Steph and I have woken up today feeling much better. The Jet Lag has subsided and we could actually go and do stuff today. 

After waking up, we had a quick bight to eat at the restaurant on the corner of our hotel. We then trekked about a KM down La Cienega Boulevard to the Beverly Centre. We walked around the shopping centre, featuring a Macey's which is very similar to Myer at home. Steph bought a bag from retailer Forever 21, and that was our only retail purchase today. 

 

Next, we caught a cab for only $7 to The Grove- an outdoor shopping distict, with a huge outdoor food marked. It had heaps of stalls with many varieties of food. The shops at The Grove were varied, but all were set in such an idylic enviroment. 

We then caught a cab back to our hotel in West Hollywood, in which we were told it would "be expensive" - but it was our only way home and cost $15.... much much more reasonable then cabs in Melbourne. 

After a quick break and refresh, we were cabbing it again up to Hollywood to have a look around, taking your usual tourist photos. We walked along the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and stopped at the Grauman Chinese Theatre in which a movie premier was being help. We did not see any celebritites. Along our travels, we managed to join an open top bus tour, that took us on an amazing journey around Los Angeles. As we toured, we were told stories of famous attractions, and then travelled up to the fabeled exclusive area of Mullholand Drive, a stretch of road along the Santa Monica Mountains. This road is home to hundreds of celebrities, and the houses are spectacular- but come with a price tag in the multi-millions. Our final drive-bys' were in Beverly Hills, and then down Sunset Boulevard. 

After a long day out, crusing the Califronian Suburbs of Los Angeles, we have arrived home and had a lovely dinner at a French bistro called WeHo. 

Tomorrow we are going to Universal Studios, so keep in touch! 

 

 

Ben and Steph :) 

Tags: hollywood

About usadiary


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.