Existing Member?

USA Diary

Las Vegas - Day 16: Travel and The Luxor

USA | Sunday, 18 November 2012 | Views [304]

This morning we woke up early to grab breakfast at the Handlery before we headed off the airport to catch our plane to Las Vegas. 

We got our things together and Super Shuttle collected us about 8.30 from our hotel for our 10.45am flight. 

At the airport, with a "discussion" with our driver where to drop us, we got to the United Airlines check in. The staff, again, were horrible and rude, and eventually we got it checked in and after a bit of confusion, went through international depatures (for a domestic flight... go and figure) and security and made it to our gate. 

 

We boarded the plane, a smaller Boing, and found we had the first row of seats in economy with extra leg room. Shame the flight was only for an hour! 

 

We arrived in Las Vegas, were the weather is better and it is a bit warmer, and collected our baggage. We got into a shuttle pretty quick, and after crusing around the casinos of the lower Strip, we arrived at ours.. the Luxor. The Hotel is amazing, beautifully themed in Egyptian style including the main hotel which is a pyramid. We got our bags to check in, and we got upgraded to the best room they offer the general public. Upon reaching our room, 28 floors up the glass pyramid in a sideways lift (literally.. it goes up on a 30 degree angle so it didn't diminish the style of the pyramid with standard lifts), we made our way to our room. It has double doors at the entry, and when we walked in we laughed. The place is huge, with a bar, dining room, lounge, bedroom and two bathrooms. Way too much for 2 people, but we love it!

 

We also got admitted to the nighclub here at the Luxor, LAX, and went tonight and enjoyed drinks and good music. Ben also won 60 dollars at the casino after putting in 5. Our first day has been great, and we have just explored our hotel, as well as New York New York, Mandalay Bay and The Excalaber. 

 

Until tomorrow - goodnight from us here in Las Vegas! 

About usadiary


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.