Existing Member?

USA Diary

Los Angeles - Day Four: Santa Monica and Venice Beaches

USA | Tuesday, 6 November 2012 | Views [342]

Today the temperature dropped a bit, which was a releif, but it still remained in the usual sunshine of this part of the world. 

For brekkie today, we both had a hot breakfast at the cafe outside of our hotel. In true American style, the serving sizes were enourmous. Steph has Eggs Benedict and I had hash browns with eggs - both of which were far from finished when we were full. Total... $21... including coffee. Awesome! 

After that, we walked down the Beverly Centre again as we were trying to find a carry on case for Steph, but left unsuccessful trying Macey's and another smaller shop. After the walk home in the heat, we had lunch time drinks and then caught a bus down to the beach. A bus in LA costs $1.50... and we were on it for about an hour. 

Once arriving at the beach, we walked down to Santa Monica Pier, filled with carnival attractions, gift shops and arcades. We then ventured across the path, and down onto the pathway along to Venice beach. There were muscle work out zones, with gym equipment and body builders, as well as many people riding bikes. 

After cruising along the beaches and taking a few photos, we headed back to catch a bus back up to West Hollywood. 

 

The bus trip was the worst... it took 3 hours to get home due to heavy traffic up Santa Monica Boulevard. We moved, at the worst, one block in one hour with complete grid-locked traffic. After our horrible hike home, which led us to get home about 8.30, we decided to get take away from a fast food joint called "Five Guys". We have been eating really well, so thought we would try their local cuisine. 

 

We are now packing up our hotel in our last night here, as we leave for New York tomorrow morning. The plane leaves at 8.45am but we have to get up at 5.20 to get the group shuttle.. way too early. So from us it is goodnight from the first part of our journey. Hope you are all well. 

 

 

Steph and Ben 

Tags: beaches, santa monica, venice

About usadiary


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.