Existing Member?

USA Diary

A Year On

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 4 October 2013 | Views [288]

It has almost been a year since Steph and I visited America - a place of some similar and also hugely different cultural aspects to Australia. It was the most amazing month we have ever spend travelling and I would love to go again. The places we went were very different to the ones here in Melbourne, but there was a weird sense of not being too far from home as it held similar feeling as were we live. New York was by far the most amazing, culturly diverse city we went to. It was a melting pop of an awesome mix of different people with different views on life, living together in the biggest, most populated city in America. To us, though, it felt the most safe, the most homely and the most interesting in all the places we went. 

America is a long way from Melbourne - a 16 hour plane flight on the way home long! The plane reminded us it was 17000km between the two. Travelling at 100km/h in a car, it would take you 170 hours non stop to drive that distance. Wow!

I love Australia, and still call it home, however New York is the most beautiful, interesting and diverse city we have ever visited. There is nothing quiet the same! 

 

Until next time New York! 

 

Ben and Steph 

About usadiary


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.