Existing Member?

Mid Life Crisis - Kilimanjaro 2015 Challenger both Body and Mind

Time to review mid-year achievements and realignment of goals - Kilimanjaro blog

TANZANIA | Tuesday, 9 June 2015 | Views [655]

This week I have completed no training at all. Yep I said that. My training target was not satisfied for the first time this year (with the exception of sickness), but I don’t mind. Why?  Sometimes there are bigger things which need that time and attention, much bigger things.

 

It was great to spend the weekend away in the Cotswolds celebrating my Fathers 70th Birthday with my family, my parents and my brother’s family.

 

It also gave me time to realise how sometimes being busy trying to achieve all of my goals, means other things suffer. A good example is that I love cooking, cooking a celebration dinner with my brother made me realise I hadn’t done enough of it recently.  

 

Note to self, a bit more juggling to do to get the balance correct and that’s before my family grows from three to four.

 

Hence this is the shortest blog I have written.

 

Whilst on your journey, don’t lose sight of the things that really matter to you. Make sure there is time in your life for what really counts. My training can catch up in the coming days and weeks, but I won’t have another opportunity to celebrate such an important family occasion, and this one reminded me about some of the other things which matter to me and which I’ve let slip whilst getting ready for the big climb.

 

On the plus side sponsorship has made 51%, thanks to my colleague Alex Vincent who sponsored me passed the £2500.

 

Sponsorship currently stands at £2550. I am now reviewing my strategy for trying to obtain sponsorship and would appreciate any thoughts or advice to help me achieve the remaining 49% over the coming months.

 

If you have been meaning to support my efforts and help Cruse Bereavement Care Somerset, please sponsor me  https://www.justgiving.com/Tony-Mattravers/.

Tags: challenge, charity, frustration, fundraising, hard work, hiking, killimanjaro, mid life crise, panic, summit

About tony_mattravers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.