Existing Member?

Mid Life Crisis - Kilimanjaro 2015 Challenger both Body and Mind

How much more efficient you are when you have the right equipment - Kilimanjaro blog

TANZANIA | Tuesday, 2 June 2015 | Views [525]

A Wet Me

A Wet Me

 

Sunday was wet and I really couldn’t be bothered to go out on my bike. But with the goal of Kilimanjaro looming, I did it. And I got filthy and very very wet as you can see from the photo! Whilst I was filthy and very very wet, it made me realise the importance of having the right equipment.

 

Having the right equipment meant that when I got wet, my jacket dried quickly, the bike loved the mud nearly as much as me and I pushed further and harder than I ever have, 55 miles on and off road completed.

 

This got me thinking, when I was in Menorca my family rucksack hurt me more than my proper walking rucksack with dumbbells in it, as I didn’t have the right equipment.  I smashed my IPhone when putting it in a selfie pod which wasn’t designed for my phone. The cause? Not having the right equipment.

 

Having the right equipment makes people more efficient in all areas of life, something I often see in high growth clients. Having the right Customer Relationship Management system, which helps with marketing, or speeds up the client journey,  makes a business owner more efficient as does a good financial management system so that they are always on top of their numbers, making decisions based on real evidence (especially profitability!). This enables them to achieve more, just like happened to me on the bike.

 

This also is equally applicable to people who experience grief, which is what we feel when somebody we are close to dies.  For most of us, bereavement will be the most distressing experience we will ever face. Everyone experiences grief differently so there is no 'normal' or 'right' way to grieve. When people turn to Cruse Bereavement Care Somerset, they do need  the right tools and equipment to help them come to terms with grief, like the booklet Restoring Hope, http://www.cruse.org.uk/sites/default/files/default_images/pdf/Free-leaflets/Restoringhope.pdf

 

Sponsorship stands at £2490. THANK YOU to all who have sponsored me, I can’t wait for someone to donate the tenner to take it over the £2500 and 50% of my total target, so if you have been meaning to help Cruse Bereavement Care Somerset provide the right equipment, please sponsor me  https://www.justgiving.com/Tony-Mattravers/.

 

Oh and less than four months to go, not that it is getting very real. Or maybe it’s the fact my pregnant wife’s bump is getting alarmingly bigger… More of that soon!

Tags: challenge, charity, frustration, fundraising, hard work, hiking, killimanjaro, mid life crise, panic, summit

About tony_mattravers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.