Existing Member?

Mid Life Crisis - Kilimanjaro 2015 Challenger both Body and Mind

Life’s easier when you have people around you with the same goals – Kilimanjaro Blog

TANZANIA | Saturday, 9 May 2015 | Views [275]

Foggy

Foggy

A while ago I talked about the importance of surrounding yourself with the right people, most recently on the Kilimanjaro TrekPrep weekend, I realised the importance of surrounding yourself with people with the same goals.

It also helped me understand why my clients get so much out of meeting and connecting with businesses who are as committed to growth as they are. 

I have received an enormous amount of support for this crazy thing I am doing, people supporting and encouraging me, re-assuring me that I can achieve it, I can make it to the summit. This support is mind-blowing.

What I didn’t realise I was missing until the TrekPrep weekend was people who were climbing this mountain at a similar time as me.

We had a whole weekend and the only words you could hear were things like a brainstorm of the big event, Kilimanjaro, Kili, climb, cold, altitude sickness, dodgy stomachs, hydration, summit, challenge.

I had people to turn to who TOTALLY got what I was planning to do, who could relate to it, were having (or had had) the same thoughts and who I could talk to about it.

I know these people I met will be reading this and they know I will be following their trip (two weeks before mine) with interest and then contacting them for more advice. Why wouldn’t I when there are people with the same goals as me.

No wonder the business coaching, the business coaches and connections I make to clients make such a difference to them. Within this role I am privileged enough to be able to offer my clients someone to support them, with similar goals and experience.

If you would like to sponsor me and help Cruse Bereavement Care Somerset continue to provide someone with the same goals to bereaved adults and children, please visit    https://www.justgiving.com/Tony-Mattravers/.

Thank you

Tags: challenge, charity, frustration, fundraising, hard work, hiking, killimanjaro, mid life crise, panic, summit

About tony_mattravers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.