Existing Member?

Mid Life Crisis - Kilimanjaro 2015 Challenger both Body and Mind

Coping when you are forced to not be on the front foot – Kilimanjaro Blog

TANZANIA | Friday, 8 May 2015 | Views [620]

Tractor

Tractor

One of my colleagues, Matthew  read my last blog and asked the question “The blog was useful talking about being prepared and being on the front foot, but what about when things go wrong and you are not prepared?”.

That blog was written on the evening of Bank Holiday Monday. After I had popped over to a friends house, to replace a tap washer and then do some Kili training. This tap washer job ended up being a total tap replacement, including ripping out the box section and generally taking a lot longer than I had expected. I also had to replace the shed roof whilst I was there, all in a house which is 30 miles away from home where I had few tools to hand. Certainly I was not prepared for the job that it turned out to be.

Not everything can be planned for and thanks  to Matthew for asking the question. It is great to know people read these and that they promote thoughts and questions.

Being prepared in other areas meant I could adjust my plan, to make sure that the time for training which was lost, still happened. I have had to get up early to go training and change plans to make sure I fit my goals into this week. The advantage of having a vision, with a plan and a target was essential in re-adjusting the plan. Without this, the training just wouldn’t happen.

Not ideal, but the plan has been adjusted. You cannot prepare for the unexpected.  It is how you deal with it which differentiates us.

This is typical of clients I work with. Before they had a vision and a plan, the unexpected would delay them and stop them doing what is important to drive them forward. After they have a vision, it is about re-aligning the plan to cope with the unexpected.

I also had a great few ideas for fund raising from a colleague. If you have questions or ideas for fundraising, please let me know.

Fundraising currently is 45% of target. Amazing, and I thank all of you who have already supported me to raise funds for such a great cause which is all about helping people cope with the unexpected. 

If you have been planning to sponsor me and haven’t, please visit https://www.justgiving.com/Tony-Mattravers/.    

If there is anyone you think I should be speaking to about sponsorship or publicity opportunities, please let me know.

Thank You

 

About tony_mattravers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.