Existing Member?

So... What Are You Waiting For? Carpe Diem - Live the Dream

Missing Home

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 24 September 2011 | Views [561] | Comments [1]

So I've reached a bit of a lull, and unless that's water related, I'm not entirely okay with that. Since making the move over to the UK and having the time of my life with travel and holidaying, its all of a sudden become a "welcome to the real world" scenario. It's now been 6 weeks since starting my new job - which, don't get me wrong, is great - but as the days get shorter, the mercury plummets and I'm so far removed from friends and family in a town that's got not a lot going for it, I'm finding myself wondering what I'm even doing here. As Summer fast approaches in NZ I'm constantly daydreaming of hot balmy days at the beach; surfing, mountain biking, fishing, kayaking, long walks and everything else that makes up a 100% pure NZ summer.

I think its fair to say New Zealand has a lot going for it. Any fool can see. But it honestly takes living in a place like England, and travelling the world to truly realize WHAT New Zealand has that the rest of the planet doesn't. I miss home, and I'm not afraid to say it. I want to spend the rest of my life there enjoying the finer things in life, like the ocean, friends, family, the outdoors... the kiwi lifestyle. 

Needless to say I'm torn, and completely undecided about which direction to take. I mean, I love that I'm close to my nan and I love that I've had the chance to meet and become close with Tom's family. But lets be honest - being here is really of no benefit to me. At least not long-term...I can't begin my career, and without that I can't earn a decent living, there's no point in me investing in a car, or a home, or even friends. I know this isn't where my heart is, nor my roots, so why bother? Its a means to end. It's earning me enough money to make my way home. Just.

I've been on the road for long-enough now, and I think its time to seek bigger and better things in life. I'm so excited for change, and a new beginning. Watch this space ladies and gentlemen... 

Comments

1

Hey! Write some more! I next my blog fix :)

  Tom Oct 8, 2011 5:55 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.