Existing Member?

So... What Are You Waiting For? Carpe Diem - Live the Dream

Nalu Beads

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 1 September 2011 | Views [387]

I've just come across the newest and coolest thing going and I'm bursting at the seams to share it with you all. Ladies and Gentlemen - introducing my newest obsession...

NALU BEADS!!

Nalu Beads are all the rage in England right now, and there's good reason why. These beautifully hand crafted glass beads take their inspiration from the sea; it's ever changing moods and its raw beauty from season to season. "Maybe its in the shell we find strewn on the shoreline or in the many shades of turquoise we glimpse in the Atlantic breakers that tumble towards us. The thrill of being immersed in and at one with nature. What ever we do and wherever we may be" - Nalu.

There are nine collections of 'Break beads' which, similar to Pandora (but wey-hey-hey better), are symbolic of that special break, time or place. 

Each one of their collectable lampwork surf beads has been designed and individually handmade with Effetre Murano glass which is renown to hold its finish, lustre and colour with no special storage requirements and when looked after can apparently last for hundreds, even thousands, of years!

My collection is early in its stages, but I'm so excited to share these beauts with you. So here's what I've got so far:

PORTSTEWART

Portstewart Strand in Londonderry is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Ideal winds are from the southeast.

Waves at the beach break both left and right. Surfable at all stages of the tide.

PORTRUSH

A quality, but fickle, lefthand boulder reef at the west end of West Strand, needs exact swell direction to work.

This is considered one of the best waves in N. Ireland.

WOOLACOMBE 

One of North Devon's "hot spots" with a great 2 mile stretch of beach with peaks along its length. The banks here work during different states of tide

Aren't they just the freakin' coolest thing out?! You should see my wishlist... eek! I love that there are so many colours and designs to choose from, and with plenty of ways in which to wear them you can express yourself like only you can.

Man oh man do we need an NZ/AU range. My mind is already running wild with the colours, patterns and designs Piha, Raglan and my home-sweet-home, Orewa would look like if I were to create them. At £10.00 (about $20 NZD) a pop, they're certainly not cheap - but considering you pay $42 minimum for a less-than-average pandora charm, which might I add, is generic, common and made by non-other than a machine - I think they are well worth their weight in gold!

Check out their website at www.nalubeads.com for inspiration and to see the rest of their collection. 

Peace and Aroha xoxo

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.