Existing Member?

There and Back Again Not all those who wander are lost

High school in Denmark

DENMARK | Wednesday, 3 October 2007 | Views [445]

Albert the

Albert the "Boss" with his uber hat on.. though he looks unsure what im doing

I haven't been swimming in ages! but seen as The Boss had an appointment to teach the other kids how to swim, i had the opportunity to go.

Came to the conclusion that in a foreign country, when you know little or none of the native language every situation could be hazardous. Anything from sitting down on a bus and having an elderly lady attempt to strike up a conversation with you, to swimming faster than an elderly lady in the swimming pool and thus incurring her wrath and her trying to tell you something about the barrier between the lanes.

hmmm perhaps its just elderly women who are hazardous, as the woman in the cafe where i had lunch was fine with me, but then i made sure i spoke nice and slowly.

I remember my graduation ceremony i had a fractured arm, and out of everyone in my class i was the only one the woman handing out the diploma's talked too due to my arm... but other than that nothing fun before, during and after.

I learnt that in Denmark when you graduate you rent a truck AND a driver... the people with the best grades, worst grades, biggest heads, smallest heads... etc etc all buy a crate of beer. The rest of the day is simple, drive round and party on the truck going to each of the peoples houses and drinking and eating there as well!

Depending what you graduated in you also wear a different coloured hat depending on the subject... though im unsure if there as cool as the bosses hat!

Tags: Culture

 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.