Existing Member?

There and Back Again Not all those who wander are lost

The Morning after the night before

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 23 September 2007 | Views [1790] | Comments [1]

Group photo! (except the guy on the right who i grabbed... i think he's random?)

Group photo! (except the guy on the right who i grabbed... i think he's random?)

Other than a bleeding little toe (which i stubbed on my way around my bedroom about ten minutes ago) i survived the leaving do completely unharmed.

We ate, drank and became merry (we sweated as well) into sunday morning, as Raul put it "We're surrounded by beer and our friends what more could we need" that was seconds before he proposed the toast:

"Raise your glasses if your sorry for me, having to spend the next year with this cretin"

On a personal note i think the evening did me a world of good, not just because i got to see people i hadn't socialised in a long time (as one part of saving for a world trip i learnt very quickly is you dont socialise at all) but it did wonders for my innoculation ridden arm.

By the time we descended down a rather narrow set of steps into the basement of our chosen nightclub i had drunk enough that i didnt mind the occasional nudge in the shoulder where i had received my jab the day before. By the end of the evening with the dancefloor packed id been knocked that many times i think i'd shared out a portion of my pain to everyone else in the nightclub.

That and the place was that crowded, small and warm that i was soaking wet through, normally very conscious about my body, i was a hairs breadth away from whipping my top off and exposing my pale, semi muscular upper body because it was just that warm!

Overall had an amazing time and would like to thank everyone who attended in part or for the whole thing, you have a year to prepare yourself for the returning celebrations? (thats if the thought of having us back fills you with as much joy as the thought of us leaving!)

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

It was an amazing night!! We should all definately do that again when you come back :D I wonder how Dunny was after we left on Sunday. Bless him ;)

Looking forward to seeing you Friday :D Can't believe you're both going this weekend. Its come round so quick! Gonna miss you guys!!

Hahaha!!! Me and Gregg match ;)

Hugs xx

  Hannah Sep 24, 2007 10:13 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.