Existing Member?

There and Back Again Not all those who wander are lost

Gomez and The Day of Days

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 29 September 2007 | Views [521]

Home on my Desk

Home on my Desk

The day has finally arrived, this should be my last entry from home, and from England, tomorrow its Denmark and then the world.


All week people have been asking me if i'm excited yet, or worried or scared, and its finally sinking in, the mixture of emotions has been building in my stomach. The more people i've been to see, the more people i've said my goodbyes too the stronger the feelings have got.

Now.. having shaved, showered, donned new clothes and about to turn off my computer (something that only happens usually in stormy weather) i really get the sense i'm leaving alot behind.

Yet at the same time I know i've so much out there to discover, and every action thats mentally ticked off my list comes with an added relief that I didnt in some way make a mistake. IE I didn't cut myself shaving, that my travel clothes still fit, and are comfortable to wear, and my valuables all fit into the secret pockets in my traveling gear.


Finally Gomez, which is the picture that goes with this article, is the little childrens cancer research bear my mother has invested in for me to take with me on my trip. Some form of sponsorship or charity fund raising I dont completely understand, but my mission is to:

A) name him (which i have)


B) get him into as many of my photos from other countries as possible.

I have the feeling his white t-shirt is going to get very dirty.

Tags: Philosophy of travel

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.