Existing Member?

sophsossig general diary to keep all the folks at home upto date on our shenanigans in India!

Party Time

INDIA | Thursday, 15 March 2007 | Views [500] | Comments [1]

Writing this message is such an effort today as am suffering from severe sleep deprevation - feel like a zombie . . . . look like a zombie . . .

Went to Mcleos for a quiet Kingfisher last night and bumped into Baby (fallen off the wagon!) and friends. Wicked bunch of people - big brother who keeps flicking my forehead when I get my  Tibetan wrong, Longta a Marley looky likey, Nick who has inspired us to travel to Kashmir and take gondola to empty ski pistes/Tibet/Ladakh and many more of Babys friends. But no Jam : ( miss his luscious locks but make do by whipping out picures of him to console both me and Baby!

Stayed for a few beers and tested out our Tibetan on everyone before heading back to Nicks for a little party. Rushed back before gates of hotel closed at 12pm not thinking of how we would get out of hotel - dohhh! Had a right little giggle with the boys Baby, Nick and Longta before leaving at about 2 only to find the gates all shut up suprise, suprise! Trekked along all balconies in fits of giggles with guide dog at our side trying to find a safe place to jump but to no avail. Eventually returned to Nicks room and decided to camp out on balcony with mattress and duvet under the stars - but Baby was having none of it and scaled the whole hotel before finding an escape route. Squeezed through a small gap to get too a 4 ft wall which with my height should have been a breeze to climb over but out of everyone I was the one who had Longta and Annie trying to push my butt over the wall whilst I giggled uncontrollably and hung over the wall arse over head legs akimbo!

After our escape headed back to Baby's room only to find two half naked boys - Giraffe and Lobster (still can't pronounce TIbetan names!) in the only single bed in his room. But not a problem here they just dress, move up and squeeze us in! At this moment I did start to think how surreal this night had become! Felt like the grandparents in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! Just chilled with the guys and flicked through all the dodgy Indian channels on Babys TV. He also showed us his photo album with pictures of Tibet and all his brothers - they tried their hardest to make us comfy - giving us their blankets, pillows and curling up in half to make room for all 6 of us in a single bed but sleep was just not gonna happen. And for anyone who is thinking - what the hell are you girls doing?!?!? - just have to say how fab these guys are. They feel like our brothers and we just hang out with them in our little gang and they make us feel so welcome and are so kind to us (they never try anything on - probably cos we both haven't washed properly for days!). It has been a real privelege to hang out with them listening to their stories and seeing friends sharing everything they possess and treating each other like close brothers. I'm feeling the love dudes!!

Anyhow escaped as the sun rised and we were able to make our way back up the steep stairs of India village back to Bhagsu before heading back out to our Tibetan language course at 11am. Nothing stands in the way of our Tibetan classes not even a night of no sleep. Although feel we were bad students today and i am no longer top of the class : ( Bad Sophie

More English lessons with Buddhist monks this arvo and then an early night. YAWN!!!!!

xxxxx

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

Yo, Soph

Delighted to see your insight is flowering under the Dahlia Lama.

We suspect you will emerge as a Jehovah Witness - and you could have done that in Cleethorpes!

We are enjoying your reports.

House full of young peeps tomorrow night, followed by a state visit to The Kidderminster Kid. Will spill the goss thereafter.

Low hugger x High hugger x

  J&J Mar 16, 2007 8:13 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.