Existing Member?

sophsossig general diary to keep all the folks at home upto date on our shenanigans in India!

Bugger

INDIA | Sunday, 25 February 2007 | Views [470] | Comments [1]

Hi everyone - just arrived in Pondicherry - west coast Tamil Nadu - am tired and coming down with a cold so this is gonna be brief! Need my bed . . .

Have also lost the original journal entry i just wrote - bloody comp crashed : (

Have arrived here from Kodaikanal with Tim Bob - met up with him in Varkala a few days ago (weird as were just emailing one another at exactly same time and it happened that he was just up the road so came joined me for a few days - so i managed travelling alone for the might sum of four days!!) Chilled, swam in the sea, ate good food and basically lapped up beach life in Varkala after leaving Periyar via Kochi (where i met Reg - the weird touchy-feely guy - don't give shit if thats what they do in Barcelona!!)

Left Varkala with Tim for Kanniyaka,rui - southern most tip of India wwhere 3 oceans meet and saw sunset and sunrise from rooftop of hotle - bootiful! Then Kodaikanal - highest hill station in South India - which i had sold to Tim as this spectacular, jaw-dropping place which in fact turn't out to be pretty average and really cold - brrrrrrrrr! But had a fun bike ride around lake and found plenty of chocolate and brown bread (so missed out here!)

Left Kodai yesterday evening on bus to Dindigul to get train over to Western Tamil Nadu but train was fully booked when we arrived and we just had to hop on and hope for the best (we got the worst!!) Conducter chucked us off at next station Mannuparai- which was home to the cast of night of the living dead, who all surrounded us and scared the shit out of me! Have never prayed so hard to be out of a place before wbut we got a bus out of there and finally after another bus ride and train ride we arrived in Pondicherry where they do great food - chocolate croissants and french baquettes!!

Thats about all i can muster at the mo - my nose keeps running and i'm half asleep. Off to find some really hard toilet paper to wipe my nose with - dreaming of Kleenex ultra soft, balm eniched toilet tissue for my poor nose. Expect piccies of me looking like Rudolph for next few days : (

Love U Guys Soph

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Big kiss better for the cold. You look fit as flea in "end of line" photo - made us miss you.
Lots of love

J&J xx

  J&J Feb 27, 2007 6:05 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.