Existing Member?

sophsossig general diary to keep all the folks at home upto date on our shenanigans in India!

Goa Baby

INDIA | Tuesday, 16 January 2007 | Views [1029] | Comments [3]

Left crazy Delhi on Sunday and flew to Goa - everywhere we turn there are sights to make us cry with laughter!! Ginger higlights are obviously all the rage for Delhians! Little babies wear socks on their head and male flight attendants wear more makeup than the girls!

Arrived into Goa late at night and 2 Israeli girls kindly showed us to a simple beach hut going for 200r a night (about 1pound fifty) at Sea Breeze right on the beach. Went for drik and met Belfast Paul - he didn't know what day/week it was - one of these guys who just turn up here and never return home. Woke to a beautiful view this morning - had a lazy day, walked to Sweet Lake where we will send week 2 in GOa. The guys on the beach try to sell u things all the time and our first experience was long and hard to endure, thez just donąt give up. Annie is a bloody genius though and created a new language so now we just pretend we speak no english and talk in code e.g flobba dob flibba flabba flobba dob!! As long as i donąt break into hysterics when annie speaks like this it seems to work well.  

Beach party at German bakery along beach from us last night. What an amazing night. Sat down in front of load of musicians jamming on stage playing drums, didgeredoo, guitars. When a tibetan looking lady got up to dance so beautifully and freely it brought both me and annie to tears. The next act was a very hippy dippy chanting lot + not quite on their plane yet dudes. The highlight of the evening was Frederick from Holland. He was like a young bob marley with the voice to boot + his set included im the king of the swingers, no woman no cry it was genius. And when he asked the flute player to take it away it was Will Ferrell doing yazz flute on stage )me and annie were in tears of laughter this time= Finally met Shivam a yoga teacher from Dharamasala interesting guy but took too much of a shine to me. If you had seen him you would understand my lack of interest. Imagine the man from del monte suit with shoulder pads the size of the himalayas and you get the idea!!! Night eneded with a bonfire on beach and people dancing wildly around it + felt like a scene from Shipwrecked.

Everything cool here - no malaria or diahhorea, good food, good kingfisher beer and good company. Becca wish u could have been here for jazz flute moment and also wish Robyn could have been here for king of the swingers moment!

Sorry i have gone on but there is just always something fuuny to tell - party at our huts tonight hoping shivam has taken a cold shower by then.

Love to u all xxx  

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

Janet pleased as punch by your text. Both delighted by your opening gambits. Keep having fun. Chip had herd TB tested. Fortunately all passed (and Chip can spell TB), so he still has a job.

Love and hugs at heights various

J & J

  Farthing Jan 17, 2007 4:46 AM

2

hi sophie! do you remember me? get in touch!

  Danny Jenkins Jan 21, 2007 10:11 AM

3

Oh Soph reading that has just taken me back there as I sit in boring ole blighty how could I of forgotten the secret language and Will Ferrell!!! love it love it xxx

  anniekaka Jul 4, 2007 6:43 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.