Existing Member?

Slavic Trails

Cheyenne/Richfield

USA | Sunday, 10 January 2010 | Views [291]

Bullet holes in the bed

Bullet holes in the bed

So we turned up to Cheyenne and checked into a Motel, I think it may have been infected with Aids. We walked in and there were Pizza boxes all over the place - a few slices left, a few bottles of beer and beds that had clearly been slept in....

When we asked to change rooms the guy on reception said it was rude that the previous occupants hadn't cleaned up before they left....

Our second room was slightly better. The towels were stained and Derby's bed had bullet holes in it, also we managed to lock ourselves out of the bathroom (we broke in in the morning using a credit card! That shit actually works in america!). I slept in my sleeping bag and we left pretty sharpish in the morning. Definately the correct choice to miss out Yellowstone.

We made a beeline for Vegas. IN the way we stopped off at the Colorado National Monument. we thought we were gonna see a statue, as it turns out its a massive national park. The views were fantastic. We spent hours in the car discussing how to avoid Utah. But we ran out of time and Ended up right in the middle of the state for the evening. Richfield, a town devoid of bars but quite a few hair salons. I shaved my own hair in celebration.   

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.