Existing Member?

Sloggs' Travel Blog A journal of my travels in 2008 & beyond...

Cambodia travel arranged...

THAILAND | Saturday, 2 February 2008 | Views [1202]

On Monday I will leave for Cambodia, pickup at 7:50am for a 10-12 hour journey depending on road conditions and boarder crossing. I've also prebooked accomodation at a place that looks really nice and is super cheap, and they provide a free pickup from the bus station, although booking was tricky as I don't yet know which bus station I will arrive at and the girl's English wasn't great, Lol!

Still, Pool Sloggess has a dorm room booked for Monday night, even though she wanted to book me in for Monday the 11th!! So I have a bed in Siem Reap, Cambodia if nothing else...

After doing some reading and talking to a few people that have been recently, plus I've read nearly the entire rough guide book for Thailand and want to visit lots of places here, I've decided I will only stay in Cambodia for a couple of days to see the major temples and will then go back into the Thailand and renew my visa.

I've fired an email off to the Malaysian Grand Prix organisors to see how I can organise collection of a ticket, and plan to sit in K1 Gold on a two day ticket for about 110 quid if there are any left. I hope I can arrange collection of the ticket from the circuit, I really want to go! I was contemplating the VIP tickets, but they are seriously pricey... heheh They do have some nice package deals where you can sit in the normally allocated pit lane seats on the Friday and Saturday and then in the K1 Gold section for the race for only an extra 60 squids or so... Anyway, I'll see what options I have available for ticket collection before I get too excited... it will be seriously cool to attend an F1 grand prix out here though! 8-)

Off to watch some footy and the start of the Six nations tonight... hooray for the sport coverage in Thailand!

Chuurs

Sloggs :)

Tags: Onward planning

About sl0ggs

Me with the kids at Cawaro Village School during the Vitika Trek

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.