Existing Member?

China in a nut shell My dealings with China

the happenings

CHINA | Wednesday, 20 October 2010 | Views [309]

Hello fellow land lovers!

Been a while since i have posted but until recently there has not been too much to report. I was flat broke until the 15th so from the 9th to then i stayed in and ate noodles and watch stuff on the internet.

I have been jogging quite a bit recently so hopefully i am getting fitter. Played badminton with the girls from school a few times which was fun they aren't the best but its a good chance to get know them better. Today we walked up a mountain which was nice. Hot and sunny were the conditions, there must have been more than a thousand steps as well as paths and we didn't make it right to the top.

Teaching is going ok, its a bit of a rush at times because classes start late due to students not arriving until after the classes starting time. Like all the people in the school which is also a big plus! Only 3 really annoying students the rest are just great! Simba doens't have bad english he just distracts others and fains ignorance all too often. Ken is mental, he is tiny for his age and is such a hand full! shouting running about and distracting others he usually ends up standing in the corner or getting threatened with being thrown out (students haaaaaaaaaate and fear that above all else). Victor: there is a lot to question about this kid. He is only 3 or 4 but is much worse than the other students. He drools A LOT of drool and does it non stop, he spends less that half the lesson in his seat and only speaks when you give him something! the rest of the time is drooling silence or shouting Chinese in short bursts.

I had a date with a girl i like and i hope that it goes well from here. I am trying to be positive about it. All the Chinese teachers at school laugh or have a massive grin when i talk to her it makes me quite nervous!

Been out for a few drinks nothing major since the phone incident. Got a new one which is AMAZING it is like so much better than an iphone. It has no color hows that for brilliant?

Off for one of those jog things now! Take care guys and girls, Sam xox

Tags: china, date, hiking, school

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.