Existing Member?

Living Outside the Box What is freedom for if not the chance to define for yourself who you are?

March 23 - My birthday present to myself

CAMBODIA | Wednesday, 23 March 2011 | Views [465]


My birthday started out special with watching the sunrise and reading a birthday card from a friend.  Nice to have at least one card to read on "the day".

After a long, and quiet morning reading and working on my journal, I decided to explore the other beaches and started walking and ended up walking into a pretty nasty thunderstorm.  The storm was right over the beach with lightening and loud cracks of thunder.  I was not near any buildings and ended up standing under a tree in a grove of trees.  As the storm got worse, I recalled it is not wise to stand under trees in storms.  I hunkered down in a ditch until that started filling up with water.  I recalled too it is not good to stand in water during a thunderstorm.  I moved to higher ground and started to pray to the higher powers to protect me.  The flashes of lightening and booms of thunder continued and I guess I was huddled over for about 30 minutes. 

That was my present to myself, a nice walk in a storm.  Maybe I will treat myself to a nice Khmer dinner tonight.

Glad to be heading to Phnom Penh tomorrow to walk around the city for a day and a half.  Also booked myself into a nicer hotel this time too.

I get the feeling I will be done with traveling for a while once I finish the last leg in Jordan.

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.