Existing Member?

Living Outside the Box What is freedom for if not the chance to define for yourself who you are?

March 19 - Kozy Kep and Kool Kampot, Cambodia

CAMBODIA | Saturday, 19 March 2011 | Views [427]

Today I left Kep at 10:45am and arrived in Kampot at 11:30am.  Kampot is a bigger town located a few kilometers up the estuary on the banks of the Prek Kampong Bay river and was established as the main port town in the late 1800s.  It remained so until the 1950s when a new southern port was built.  Nowadays Kampot is a sleepy Provinical capital, its charm lies in its colonial architecture which lines the side streets and the attractive river front.

I borrowed a bike from the guest house to find this "charm".  My first impression was a dusty, dirty, broken-down town by a river.  I am getting hot and bothered waiting for the Internet to catch up with my thoughts so more later.  Time to enjoy the scenery by bike.

Written March 16th at 4:20pm by Kep Beach

How wonderful it is to be by the sea.  There is a hazy sun and a warm breeze off the warm sea.  With the bottom of my legs pockmarked with sandflea bites and a newly acquired dog nip (I can't believe 3 dogs went after me - and one got close enough to nip my leg, when they typically don't bother to chase in the heat. Thankful it was only a bruise and not a puncture wound; would not want to have to deal with getting a rabie shot out here), the sea water felt good on the legs.

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.