Existing Member?

Living Outside the Box What is freedom for if not the chance to define for yourself who you are?

Finished

SPAIN | Tuesday, 30 October 2007 | Views [634] | Comments [2]

Need I say more?  Ok, a few words.  6 of us left Saturday morning from Brea with the full moon guiding us on to the west while the sunrise was nudging us forward from the east.  It was magical.  What made it extra special was being with my friend Alain because his journey started in 2002 after a bike wreck.  After years of rehab and 1000km of training he left from a spot in France on Aug 10th.  We finished together at the Cathedral in Santiago and he was so pleased it brought tears to my eyes.

The rest of the afternoon we met up with other pilgrims we got to know and it was like a graduating class getting ready to graduate - this was our day!  20 of us gathered to have dinner and had laughs after laughs.  Sunday we met for the pilgrims´ mass and reunited with more friends.  Just about everyone I hoped to see again was there and that made me happy.

Last night I had a change of plans and ended up going by car to Finisterre and I am here now.  For now I don´t have set plans but have until Nov 6th to get back to Santiago so I will take it easy on the coast here and hang out in Muxia and start writing and taking short walks.

Thanks for your letters you sent to the post office. 

I will update again when I can.

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Hi Becky,

Glad to read that you've completed your trek healthy and happy. And, yes, I'm one of the slugs who didn't get a real hand-written letter to you. I'm not even sure I know how to write a letter any more, what with all of my pecking on the computer keyboard.

Keep us posted on your next move. I hear Mt Everest is beautiful this time of year. :)

Gary
Reno, Nevada


  Gary Zaepfel Nov 2, 2007 2:31 AM

2

What a special experience, Becky. Good for you!!!
John and I just finished a 2 wk. stint with Global Volunteers in Ostuni, Italy. It was a hoot, but nothing like our "exotic" Belarussian summer with BFE. The GV experience was 1/2 day teaching, excellent food and good hotel....need I say more ?
Continue to connect globally,we need folks like you to strengthen the American image abroad.

  marianne Poppas Nov 5, 2007 12:51 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.