Existing Member?

Living Outside the Box What is freedom for if not the chance to define for yourself who you are?

July 14th Update

CAMBODIA | Saturday, 20 July 2013 | Views [416]

Planting rice

Planting rice

 

July 14, 2013 Jasmin Valley Eco-Lodge

For some reason there is a propensity of Aussies and French hiding out in this part of Cambodia, and I can see why: it is peaceful, quiet, the ying and the yang of the mountains and sea, and the weather is decent compared to other parts of Cambodia.  While it can get hot and miserable in the Kep/Kampot area, a cool breeze will kick up and this is exactly what has been happening lately.  The other day it was cool enough to wear long sleeves.

The pace of life is slow and relaxed – maybe a bit too much for the western expats making a go of it running a business with hiring local staff and counting on them to do things in a western manner.

I am enjoying a slow weekend at Jasmine Valley located in the jungle on a mountain side bordering Kep National Park, the smallest of the seven national parks in Cambodia.  Owen and Jasmine started soft construction, using hand tools only, in 2009 to build their vision and I am very appreciative of the harmonious paradise they created with the land and people.

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.