Existing Member?

Living Outside the Box What is freedom for if not the chance to define for yourself who you are?

A Rolling Stone Gathers no Moss

CAMBODIA | Monday, 17 June 2013 | Views [333]

In the last ten years I have packed up and moved to Saudi twice and once to Oman.  Today I am packing my bags and cleaning the apartment to move along once again.  The last two final exits I was not sure what I wanted to do, I just knew I needed a break and time off for good behavior.  Now I know what I want to do and that is a good feeling.  I had the option to choose comfort with staying put or growth with following my heart to Cambodia and that is where I will be heading on June 19th.

My time in Oman was nothing short of fantastic.  The stunning scenery, the diverse history, and the hospitable people made for wonderful memories to pack away.  With places still unexplored and the warmth of the people, this is a country I will return to.  

For some reason as I set out on another adventure, I often wonder what the next bathroom situation will be - strange, I know.  I have been spoiled with having apartments with working indoor plumbing.  Another transition will be from having a 2 bedroom apartment to myself to sharing a room with two bunkbeds for volunteers.  No mention of where the toilet and shower facilities are.  Another Peace Corps experience awaits me and I am ready for it.  

The last two years were rather ascetic like probably preparing me for what is to come and I feel ready with an open mind and heart.

Stay tuned for my next update as I explore Phnom Penh’s hidden gems: the Royal Palace, the Silver Pagoda, the old post office, Wat Phnom, the many markets, and Tepui, a Venezuelan restaurant located in the Chinese House.  I will let you know how I manage with learning Khmer.

More information on Phnom Penh, the charming city, at http://www.phnompenh.gov.kh/

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.