Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Exploring A-town

USA | Monday, 8 June 2009 | Views [391]

We get up early because we only have 2 more full days in A-town and we want to see everything. It’s Monday and Aunt Nelia is working today so we’re touring on our own. But she has left her car for us to borrow.

So we download a map of the city to the iPod and hop in the car. After successfully navigating our way into the city we find ourselves at the Coca Cola factory. We spend a few hours learning about all things Coca Cola, watching their 4-D movie and trying Coca Cola sodas from all over the world. There’s even a soda called Beverly and it’s probably the most disgusting soda they make.

Now that we’re full of caffeine, we head over to the Martin Luther King Jr memorial. We go on a tour of his childhood home and learn about his history in the MLK museum. These two tourists sites have taken up our whole day and now its time to pick up Aunt Nelia. She takes us to the wine store where she also works and gives us a mini wine tasting.

Afterward we head out for a lovely meal. We should get an early night because tomorrow, we’re going to the wine country! (course Rich and I have to stay up for a few games on the Wii - naturally I win)

me and the coke bear (and Rich forcing his way in the photo)

me and the coke bear (and Rich forcing his way in the photo)

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.