Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Memorial Day Weekend

USA | Sunday, 24 May 2009 | Views [175]

It's Sunday and we go to the lake - Lake Conroe to be precise, where one of Bryce's co-workers is having a party at his parents' place. They've just got a new boat and his dad is keen to race off round the lake towing whoever's stupid enough to get on the tubes behind him - that'll be me and Bryce then. Despite it being my first time and ingesting gallons of filthy water, the tubing is a lot of fun, but unbelievably tiring! We deservedly rest up for the remainder of the afternoon with liquid refreshments and BBQ galore.

Monday we all wake up late (Mia is at Andrea's parents house and we don't get our usual early wake up call) We all decide to go to Kemah today. I remember it being a nice place to walk around and have a meal and Rich hasn't been there. It's only an hour away, so we head off around 1pm. 3:15pm we pull into the parking lot. Who would've thought that on a holiday weekend, other people would have the same idea as us. Now we're all very hungry, so we quickly pick a restaurant, Joe's Crab Shack or Joe's Crap Shack as I like to call it after this trip. The drinks, meals and service were all pretty crap and we're happy to get outta there. Now that we've driven all this way, lets check out the rest of the place. There's the kiddie ride area, the horrible band on a stage, a few expensive shops...uh what exactly is there to do here. Any ideas, anyone anyone? We take this trip as a loss, head back to the car and drive home in defeat.

Kemah

Kemah

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.