Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

More tours...

PERU | Thursday, 2 April 2009 | Views [427]

It's must be either a hangover from the high of seeing Machu Picchu or a recurrence of my food poisoning, but I feel terrible for hours after we get back to Aguas Calientes. Some bed rest does the trick though, and in the morning we're both fighting fit and ready to head back to Cusco.

So what's left to do? I guess not a lot. We still want to go on a city tour, but after that we'll be ready to leave Cusco, and Peru for that matter. The food, and particularly the cold, here have not suited either of us and the promise of sunny Costa Rica is becoming a very enticing prospect.

The daily city tours always leave at 2:00pm so we have to hurry back to Cusco this morning if we want to join one. As we're leaving tomorrow at 4:00pm, today is our only chance to see famous Incan sights such as Qoricancha Temple and Sacsayhuaman (pronounced sexy woman).

After a quick bag drop at our hotel, we make it on to the tour with minutes to spare.

The tour is really good with Qoricancha Temple being my personal favourite - an old Incan temple now used as a church. Alicia enjoyed _______ the most, but only because they used to sacrifice people there! The guide got the timing just right as a torrential downpour is just starting up as we rush back to the bus after the last stop.
cusco

cusco

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.