Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Sao Paulo

BRAZIL | Thursday, 15 January 2009 | Views [254]

As an American, it's a hassle to enter into Brazil. You have to apply for a visa at the Brazil Embassy before you get on the flight and you have to pay $100 for the application. As almost any other citizen, you can go to Brazil with no visa, no fees, no hassles. So I've come to Brazil as a Trinidad citizen. Gotta love dual citizenship!

In the Sao Paulo airport, we found our new friend Jason, who suggested we all take a cab to his place and from there he'd help us find a hotel. So that's what we did and Jason found us a cheap hotel that was a 2 min. walk from his flat. All of us were exhausted from the traveling so we turned in early.

Jason is heading to Rio tomorrow and asked us if we wanted to go up there with him on the bus. We were planning on going in a couple days, but why not go with someone who knows his way around and speaks the language. Also, Jason previously worked and lived in Rio, still has a house there, and seems to get back whenever he gets the chance. He makes it pretty clear which city he prefers! We say, "Si!" and "Obrigado!"

Tomorrow, Rio!

If you have the option of getting dual citizenship for any country, do it. It's worth having that extra passport, just in case. My Trini passport has helped me out a lot over the years and if I'd investigated it before my travels, I would've used it to travel through Africa too, the visa fees are cheaper.

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.