Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

times running out

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 18 December 2009 | Views [617]

It's been a month already since I updated.

I can't believe time has gone so fast. Just a few days to go before I leave Japan.

I fly out Monday night, spend a couple of days in Bangkok, then Get back to Australia on Christmas morning.

SIGGRAPH Asia is runnning right now, my first screening was last night. It seemed to go well, people laughed in the right spots. It was really strange seeing my little film up on the same screen as clips from Ironman and Transformers.

I handed out a few buiness cards, but the animation festival here doesn't really operate for the benefit of filmmakers in the same way as Cannes or other festivals. There's no table for promotional materials etc.

Anyway, I spoke to a few people, including the guys from Lucasfilm Singapore. They run a paid training program based in Singapore that sounds interesting. I think I really need to get some skill development, that could be a good way to do it. It sounds competetive to get in, but they are working on all kinds of cool stuff there.

I seem to be over the blogging thing, it doesn't interest me the way it did when I was stuck in Kurohone. So i don't know whether I'll update this again or not.

Time will tell.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.