Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

Back online

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 23 October 2009 | Views [608]

I've been back in Thailand for a week now. I caught up with some friends, including Shirhan and his wife Bee. Shirhan was a student of mine years ago, he married a Thai girl and has been living down on the Malaysian border for years.

We went to Koh Samui, an island about halfway between where Shirhan lives and Bangkok. It was a really nice few days. We rented motor scooters and rode around the island, saw snake, crocodile, tiger and bird shows at a couple of zoo/animal parks. There are plenty of pictures in the gallery.

I flew to the island directly but took the overnight train back to Bangkok last night. I got in early and was pretty tired. But I'm not planning any more serious traveling till I go to Japan in November.

I have also been working. I'm finally writing a feature script I've been planning for years. I wrote an outline a few years back, I just completely re-wrote it and I think it's much better. Now I have to write the actual script.

Plus I have some animation to do for a short film I said I'd help out on. I need to start that in the next couple of days, but I wanted to get the story outline for my feature done first.

Halloween is coming up next week, I'm trying to convince my friends here to get together and do something. apparently there are some street parties where people dress up. I'm looking forward to it.

I don't expect too much to happen while I'm here. I've got a lot of work to do and that has to take priority over fun stuff. Fortunately I've been to most of the touristy places in Bangkok so I'm not planning any big tours or anything.

Well, I'll be updating this blog occasionally, but probably no more than once a week. That's if there's anything worth saying.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.