Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

The End

JAPAN | Monday, 17 August 2009 | Views [532] | Comments [1]

Well, today is my last day.

I have 30 minutes left in my hotel room before check out at 11 am, then a few hours till I have to leave for the airport.

After a little indecision it turns out that it really was a year in Gunma after all, the thought of teaching English for two years and putting filmmaking on hold just became too much.

I'll be back in Melbourne in just over 24 hours, then a whole new journey starts, both literally and metaphorically.

But that's another story.

The last days in Japan have been in Tokyo, Saturday was Disneyland, around 13 hours at Disneyland actually. Sunday I saw an exhibition of Egyptian artifacts at a museum in Ueno park. Today maybe a little last minute shopping before heading to the Ritz Carlton hotel to catch the airport bus. I've got way too much luggage to be walking around switching trains.

It's been sometimes fun and sometimes frustrating, occasionally disappointing and distressing, but still an experience I'll always value. I wish I'd been able to do it earlier, but I'm glad it happened and I wouldn't necessarily say no to something similar in future...depending on other developments.

I'm attaching a picture of the badge I won at Disneyland. I went to the shooting gallery, if you get a perfect 10/10 score you get a plastic sheriff's badge. I managed to dominate it first time, later I went back but at night it was harder, and my shooting postion was way off to te side which was tough since it's some kind of infra red light that has to reflect off the targets. At an angle it's tough. I did badly at first and got 3, then I adjusted but could only manage to get an 8 and 9.

Should have quit while I was ahead.

Time to finish packing and get out. 18 minutes left till check out.

See you later...but not here.

Comments

1

Just drop to see how's you doing...and it is really the end of the story. 2.10 a.m. of the 18th Aug...too early to get up and very late to sleep...talk to you later

  Pat Aug 18, 2009 5:07 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.