Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

another ceremony I don't get informed about

JAPAN | Friday, 10 April 2009 | Views [412]

This afternoon was a ceremony for the teachers who have left to go to new schools.

It was written on a calendar I have, but no one told me that I should dress up, and no one mentioned that most people were buying presents etc. So when everyone disappeared from the teacher's room with no explanation (as usual) I went to find them and found everyone upstairs in suit and tie and holding the farewell/thank you ceremony.

Maybe they didn't want me there? I don't know, but I sat on the floor at the back in my regular scruffy clothes, there was one other teacher, one of the new ones, who was also under dressed so it could ave been worse.

Eventually I realised I was sitting under the wall clock, which I hope is why the people on the stage kept looking my way.

It's frustrating and I'm tired plus there's another enkai tonight that I have no excuse not to attend. So that'll be another $80 dinner with an open bar that I won't touch. I'm really not in the mood.

So this post is just me bitching, well they can't all be great.

Takasaki film festival tomorrow, going to see 'Eastern Promises' with Wakana and Marcus. That should cheer me up.

In the meantime I think I'll leave early (by which I mean only 40 minutes late) and try to get some rest before I have to be at this thing tonight.

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.