Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

Spring is in the air...and it's wet

JAPAN | Friday, 6 March 2009 | Views [203]

This has been intensive week for ALT-days. I had ALT days at 3 different schools, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (today). Plus on Tuesday and Thursday I had my regular elementary visit in the afternoon, so I have been unusually busy, which has been really nice.

Next week I have one more ALT day on Monday morning, then it's back to school in time for the last ever class with this years group of 9th graders before they head off to high school in April. We still have the graduation ceremony next Friday, but it's the last English class.

It will be a bit sad to see them go, they are all nice kids.

But that's the way it goes.

It has been raining all day today, this is a sure sign winter is over. The water isn't locked up in snow and ice any more, it's falling freely. I rode my bike out to Umeda-chu in the rain, which was much nicer than you might expect. The class didn't start till 9:55, I got there early at around 9:10 but I still missed all the rush hour traffic. Plus even though it was raining and my gear was dripping, it still kept me almost completely dry and warm. I say almost because the neoprene booties let a tiny bit of moisture in through the stitching in the toe, but otherwse it was a nice relaxing ride.

Going back was wetter (still warm and dry though) and the traffic was heavier, but I still made it in time for school lunch.

So I have booked tickets to Thailand for Spring break. I thought it was two weeks and nearly booked for the second week, then I found out it's only one week and 2 days (Friday before and Monday after). So luckily I could adjust the dates without trouble.

Still no word from any festivals about 'Flip'. But MIAF said they would contact filmmakers in march, so I'm waiting...waiting.

There's a long weekend coming up, Friday the 20th, have to think of something to do. I've heard about a screening of Fritz Langs silent film 'Metropolis' in Yokohama with live Jazz and Tap dancing. The tap dancing might be distracting though, and it's a little expensive, but it might be worth a look.

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.