Existing Member?

A life less ordinary What started out as 12months in Sydney has turned into a great adventure - taking in Australia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and now 'home' in Dubai.

First week in Oz!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 31 August 2009 | Views [285]

So....after a 7 and a half hour flight from Singers to Sydney (and 3 seats each) we landed on our new home turf!!!

Landing in to Daire's mate's place in Coogee was a winner (Thanks Ken) a shower, unpacking and putting a load of washing on (you know what I'm like) really brought us back down to earth.

Shit this place is HILLY!! Neither of us remember it ever being like this, legs are definitely getting a good work out! Lunch in Coogee and a sleepy bus/ferry ride found us in Double Bay....starting the apartment search PDQ!! However, we were hampered by rain and wind, made worse by tiredness and general grogginess....needless to say I was asleep by 8pm that night!

So far this week we have achieved bank accounts, a mobile number, viewed around 15 apartments, applied for around 5 and got accepted on 3 (need to make a decision). We have also been enjoying the suburban style of Coogee...Daire has been on 2 runs, we have swam in the VERY cold sea, been to the local cinema (Tarantino at his best) and even saw a AFL game in the Sydney cricket stadium. Totally loved the fact that I could drink sparlkey whilst Daire drank beer!!!

Anyway, that's about all from us for now....off to Brisbane this weekend to see Jose and his new wife Lucy (for those of you who knowm Jose is the crazy father-nose-breaking-christmas from our party in Cole street!), the rugby (Oz v SA) and the Gold coast!!

Hope everyone is well?? Send us email updates of mundane stuff...that's my favourite....thank Sarah!!!!

 

About partners-in-crime


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.