Existing Member?

Blurred memories Memoirs of a lost and bewildered Australian chick through Europe.

Alles Gute! Auf Wiedersehen!

GERMANY | Monday, 20 October 2008 | Views [1364]

The tour is over! We arrived back in Berlin, after 36 days and I must admit I was absolutely knackered!

 

The time had absolutely flown by (except all those hours on the damn bus!) and I think I needed a holiday to recover from my holiday! It was yet another long driving day to get across Poland and to Berlin. I think I would describe the mood as hung-over yet jovial as every last bit of alcohol and food seemed to be consumed in the last hours of the journey. Good times, lots of singing, laughs and the like- honestly though I think the majority of the bus was celebrating the fact that is was our last day on the bus!

 

We arrived back to Berlin late in the afternoon after pretty much a full day of driving. It felt nice to unpack the bus but it really did dawn on us then how much crap we had bought! After a quick shower and change it was off to our farewell dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant across the road from our hostel. I suppose it was a surprising choice in a way but they did damn goo food and it was only across the road. After that we all kicked on until the early hours of the morning in the bar back at the hostel.

 

Unfortunately the next day I had a very early morning, was nursing a bit of a sore head and a ridiculously early flight that seemed a good idea at the time when I booked it. I had to leave the hostel by about 515ish from memory to get to the airport in time for my flight. This was because I had to get back to London in time to join the queue at Wimbledon for the first day of the championships. Anyone who knows me will know that I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON! Especially after not much sleep. It was going to be a long day! But, goodbye Berlin, goodbye tour, good riddens bus!

 

 

 

PS. My final thoughts on the trip, highlights and suchlike:

  1. My absolute favourite place and the definite highlight of the trip was trolls pass, Andalsnes and Geiranger Fjord. I will definitely be back to Norway
  2. Biggest disappointment was Helsinki, definitely.
  3. It is bloody cold when swimming above the Arctic circle, wear your thermal togs!
  4. If any female with even small boobs is considering taking up bobsledding I would seriously recommend buying a heavy duty sports bra beforehand.
  5. Be careful of all food in Lithuania, it may try to kill you.
  6. Topdeck needs to provide more in bus entertainment.
  7. More single, good looking and slightly nerdy men need to travel in tour groups- come on boys where are you?
  8. Make sure you try everything, live each day as if its your last, I tried to and I had an absolutely awesome time!

Tags: germany

About nadscol


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.